- Lougheed, Scott Cameron. “Indeterminacy, biopolitics, and internalizing contaminated food”
- Lougheed, Scott Cameron. “‘The warm blanket of public health’: Relating to disease during food safety enforcement”
- Chiles, Robert M; Lougheed, Scott Cameron. “Negotiating legitimacy: Neoliberal and agrarian strategies in resolving the enigma of animal welfare”
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Lougheed, Scott Cameron; Hird, Myra J (2017) “Food Security and Secure Food in the Anthropocene”. Journal of Crime, Law, and Social Change, doi: 10.1007/s10611-017-9699-x.
- Lougheed, Scott Cameron; Metuzals, Jessica; Hird, Myra J (2017) “Modes of Governing Canadian Waste Management: a case study of Metro Vancouver’s energy-from-waste controversy”. Journal of Environmental Policy and Planning, doi: 10.1080/1523908X.2017.1343137.
- Lougheed, Scott Cameron; Hird, Myra J; Rowe, R Kerry (2016) “Governing Household Waste Management: An Empirical Analysis and Critique”. Environmental Values, 25(3): 287-308.
- Hird, Myra J; Lougheed, Scott Cameron; Rowe, R Kerry; Kuyvenhoven, Cassandra (2014) “Making Waste Management Public (Or Falling Back To Sleep)”. Social Studies of Science, (44)3: 441-465.
- Lougheed, Scott Cameron. (2017). [invited panelist] “Food Regulation: The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread or Just Plain Nuts!” Atlantic Conference on Public Administration. January 26-27. Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Lougheed, Scott Cameron. (2016). “The wastes of biopolitical food safety governance”. American Association of Geographers Annual Meeting, San Francisco California.
- Lougheed, Scott Cameron. (2015). “Data Management: Not a waste of time”. Second Annual Data Day, Queen’s University Library. Kingston, Ontario.
- Lougheed, Scott Cameron. (2014). “Recalling, Recovering, (Re)cycling, and Rendering: The Metabolism of the Industrial Food System.” 4th International Conference on Food Studies. Prato, Italy.
- Lougheed, Scott Cameron. (2013) “The Value of Whey: Networks and Social Lives of Things.” Third International Conference on Food Studies, Austin TX.